This is our review of the Jack Wolfskin Alpspitze Insulated Hoody, which is designed for outdoor winter activities including cycling and skiing. I am the proud owner of one of these Jack Wolfskin jackets. I find it to be an excellent layer for my cold-weather rides. I also wear it for hiking on cold, windy days.
As you might have noticed, I have recently become a Jack Wolfskin fan. They make premium outdoor athletic wear, but the price is mid-level, rather than premium. It has always hurt me to spend over $300 on a cycling jacket, so I have been very happy to find an affordable alternative that makes no sacrifices on premium quality.
Jack Wolfskin Alpspitze Insulated Hoody: Breathable, Windproof, and Insulated
The Alpspitze Insulated Hoody is an insulated, windproof active layer. And I believe it looks great too. Plus, it just feels comfortable and relaxed to wear. The Alpspitze features Primaloft Active Gold, a highly breathable insulation layer with four-way stretch that is perfect for athletic activities like winter cycling.
The inside of the hoody has a stretch grid fleece, which gives you an extra layer of insulation and breathability.
Fill of this Athletic Cold-Weather Hoody
The fill features a Primaloft Gold Active Vent fill, enabling the manufacturers to claim that this hoody sets new standards of flexibility and breathability. Also, the fill consists of 80% recycled materials.
Ventilation for Intense Bike Rides
Finally, the moisture-wicking panels on the side and under the arm allow ventilation during more intense bike rides. This makes it ideal for challenging climbs on cold days.
The Jack Wolfskin Alpspitze Insulated Hoody – Great for Cycling on Cold, Wet Days
The Texashield Core fabric on the front, back and sleeves is engineeded to make the jacked wind resistant and water repellent.
Men’s and Women’s Versions
The Jack Wolfskin Alpspitze Insulated Hoody is available in a women’s version and a men’s version. Check them out here:
Technology of the Jack Wolfskin Alpspitze Insulated Hoody
- Outer material 1: Texashield Stretch Ripstop Airlite – 92% Polyamide, 8% Elastane
- Outer material 2: Stretch Fleece Grid – 95% Polyester, 5% Elastane
- Outer material 3: Texashield Core Stretch Airlite Plain – 92% Polyamide, 8% Elastane
- Insulation: PrimaLoft Gold Active Vent
- Lining: Texashield Core Stretch Airlite Plain – 92% Polyamide, 8% Elastane
- Material characteristics: breathable, water resistant, wind resistant
- Material outer fabric: 8% Elasthan, 92% Polyamid
- Lining: Texashield Core Stretch Airlite Plain
- Insulation: PrimaLoft® Gold Active Vent
- Outer fabric: Texashield Stretch Ripstop Airlite
- Chest pocket
- 2 hip pockets
- Hood: fixed
- Articulated elbows
- Active stretch performance
- Water- and wind-repellent
- Stretch fleece under the arms
- Partly padded
- bluesign® certified
- Awarded with the Green Button
- Weight: 370 g (size M)
Check Out Our Most Popular Posts!
Did you enjoy this post or find it helpful? If so, please support our blog!
We write this blog because we love cycling. But we also need to earn a living, so we REALLY would appreciate if you click through to one of our reputable affiliates for your online shopping. We are proudly affiliated with Amazon, which sells pretty much everything, and has outstanding shipping and return policies. When you buy from our affiliates we make a small commission, and this is the only way we earn any income. Plus, it costs you nothing at all - a real win/win situation!
Leave a Reply