See bottom of this page for other buying options, including printed books and Kindle version.
How to Buy the Best Electric Bike – 2015 Edition contains everything you need to know to buy the best electric bike for your needs. This is an expanded and updated edition of our previous book, How to Buy the Right Electric Bike. In response to reader requests, this 179-page edition includes reviews of many popular, high quality electric bikes, including:
- BionX, Brompton Folding Electric Bikes, Currie IZIP Zuma, Dahon Folding Electric Bike, EcoBike Vatavio, eFlow Nitro, Emotion Neo City, Emotion Street 650, Elite Electric Bikes, eZee ForZa, Haibikes, Haibike Xduro Trekking RX, IF Reach Folding Bike, Kalkhoff, Kettler Twin, Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike, Optibikes, Pedal Easy, Sanyo Eneloop, Scwhinn, Strida 5.0, Stromer, Tern Verge, and Emotion BH Race Bike.
Are you planning to buy an electric bike, but overwhelmed by all the choices out there? Do you feel it’s hard to figure out what to buy, with all those choices of bikes, motors and batteries? Are you feeling anxious about this, because electric bikes are expensive and you don’t want to make an expensive mistake? Are the sales people and the competing web sites just making it harder to choose?
You are not alone!
I went through this myself the first time I bought an electric bike. Through years of personal experience and extensive research I figured out all the variables involved in picking out the best electric bike. In this book, with complete impartiality and the wisdom of someone who has been through the process and ridden more bikes than I care to remember, I will help you to:
- Know all you need to know about the technology of electric bikes, so that you understand the sales person and can ask the right questions.
- Be totally clear and certain about what you are looking for, so that you can pick out the best electric bike for you.
- Be fully informed all about the different kinds of bike motors, so you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you.
- Know all about the different kinds of bike batteries, and be clear about how battery power is measured, so that you can make an informed decision about what’s best for you.
- Know about the best quality and highest rated electric bikes, so that you can tell the difference between quality and quick-mass-production low-quality bikes
- Be empowered to see beyond the sales pitches that tell you an electric bike can do 120 miles or more on one charge.
- Prove to your spouse that your electric bike will save you money, improve your health, help you lose weight, and just generally become a much better spouse!
See bottom of this page for reviews
The updated 2015 edition of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike has all the information you need to buy the best electric bike for you.
This is the fully interactive PDF version of this book. See the bottom of this description for OTHER BUYING OPTIONS.
This book is a complete guide to buying the best electric bike. It’s an expanded, updated edition of our previously published How to Buy the Right Electric Bike. This new edition contains reviews of many of the most popular, high quality electric bikes. With a complete explanation of the technology and benefits of electric bikes, this book contains everything you need to know to buy the best electric bike in 2015.
This expanded edition includes reviews of a range of popular, high quality electric bikes, including BionX, Brompton Folding Electric Bikes, Currie IZIP Zuma, Dahon Folding Electric Bike, EcoBike Vatavio, eFlow Nitro, Emotion Neo City, Emotion Street 650, Elite Electric Bikes, eZee ForZa, Haibikes, Haibike Xduro Trekking RX, IF Reach Folding Bike, Kalkhoff, Kettler Twin, Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike, Optibikes, Pedal Easy, Sanyo Eneloop, Scwhinn, Strida 5.0, Stromer, Tern Verge, and Emotion BH Race Bike.
NOTE THAT you do NOT have to have a PayPal account. When you are checking out, it looks as if you have to have one, but if you click on the “Proceed to pay with PayPal” you will get to an option to pay with a credit card. (Actually it says that there is a credit card option, but it’s in relatively small print, and hard to see. Just rest assured there is a choice between PayPal and a credit card when you check out.)
How to Buy the Best Electric Bike – 2015 Edition shows you:
- how to determine your bike size;
- how to assess the quality of bike components;
- how to pick the right battery for your electric bike;
- how to decide what size motor you need for your electric bike;
- how electric bikes help you lose weight;
- how electric bikes improve your health and fitness.
Buying Options for How to Buy the Best Electric Bike – 2015 Edition
Buy it right here as a full color 179-pages PDF (just click on “Add to cart” at the top of this page).
The PDF is fully interactive, searchable and has a clickable table of contents. Each page includes a link back to the Contents page for easy navigation, as well as backwards and forwards buttons. Once you pay, you get an instant download. You can download it up to 6 times. The link will expire after 7 days.
Buy this book now, and find out all you need to know about electric bikes. Then buy your bike and start getting fit, healthy and strong.
Buy it from the Create Space Store as a full-color, 179-page printed book
Buy it from the Create Space Store as a black and white, 179-page printed book
Turbo Bob, blogger and online electric bike expert: “For anyone with the desire for these bikes, or just becoming aware of them, they will soak-up every page. If that is you, then putting this book on your reading list would be wise. I could go on (and I often do), but it isn’t my goal here to copy and paste his book, just convince you to read it for yourself. I also fully believe you should get a copy for each person in your life that you care for. When you read the book you will know why.” Read Turbo Bob’s full review here.
“This is by far the best book on the market about electric bikes. It’s the third one I bought, and all the others are really really bad – mainly just ads for one kind of bike. The author of this one is a blogger, he’s not selling bikes, so his advice is completely impartial. It’s also obvious that he really loves electric bikes, and I got quite inspired by that. This book has given me the confidence to get out there and finally buy my first electric bike. I’m excited!”
“I’m giving this book 5 stars because it does exactly what its title says – it explains how to buy the best bike for me. I wish I had this book a year ago when I started thinking about buying my first electric bike, it would have saved me a whole lot of time. I wasted hours and hours researching ebikes and just ended up more confused than before. … The best part is definitely all the reviews of electric bikes. Some of them are really indepth and have me wanting to go out TODAY and buy my electric bike!”
“This is a great improvement on the previous edition of the book because it has lots of reviews of electric bikes. The sections on batteries and motors were very useful to me. I now know the right questions to ask when I buy my electric bike. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is planning to buy an electric bike.”
” I’m glad I bought the book! It has everything I need to know, and it’s so easy to find the information in an electronic book, because it’s all searchable.”
“This is a great resource for those like me who needed some steering! I think you could find all the info here by reading tons of blogs, however, then you have to search them all out and figure out which posts to read, etc, etc. I’d been reading blogs for several months, but this gave me more useful info in 2 hours than my months of blog reading had! Thanks Joe!”
“Very good book, but in this industry, hard to include all the brands.”
“This book covers the basics on electric bikes that includes what you need to know when purchasing.”