Joe’s commute to work is 22 km one way, so needless to say when he arrives home he is STARVING! Of course, everyone needs good nutrients after a long bike ride – and if you can whip up a great meal in 20 minutes, who needs protein bars?
Related content: Fitbit Charge HR Wireless Activity Wristband Review
Last week I made Joe a wonderful Asian steak salad, which he declared was the PERFECT post bike ride meal. It’s light, easy-to-make, and contains high quality protein plus carbs and veggies. And it’s absolutely delicious! Here is the recipe:
Ingredients for my Asian Steak Salad Recipe:
1 medium flank steak (also known as apron or skirt steak) – it’s a very lean steak with great flavor
½ English cucumber, sliced into matchsticks
1 medium red pepper, sliced into matchsticks
½ cup carrots, sliced diagonally
¼ cup green onions, sliced diagonally
1 package dry chow mein noodles
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon of finely chopped fresh ginger
1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon honey (adjust to your own taste)
Method to make my Asian Steak Salad Recipe:
- Combine olive oil, soy, lemon juice, sesame oil and ginger together. Set aside.
- Slice all vegetables and toss together in a large bowl.
- Broil or barbecue steak to suit your own taste. We prefer medium rare. Let steak rest for 5 minutes.
- Cook chow mein noodles per package instructions. Drain but do not rinse.
- Add honey to dressing mixture, adding slowly until adjusted to taste.
- Toss noodles, dressing and vegetables together and set aside.
- Thinly slice the steak across the grain and add to salad and toss well. Serve immediately.
If you like this recipe then check out our cookbook, Extraordinary Recipes – read all about it here!
Ride safe, ride often!
Did you like this post? If so, please support our blog:
We would appreciate it very much if you would SHARE this post (using the Share buttons) or LIKE our Facebook page. Or click on one of the Amazon links before buying from Amazon, because small commissions help pay for our time. BEST OF ALL – just SUBSCRIBE to our blog. It makes you part of our community, and gets you free weekly updates about our posts – as well as a FREE DOWNLOAD of our Bike Buyer’s Guide. Thanks in advance – reader support keeps us going and makes it all worthwhile!