Are you doing the RBC GranFondo Whistler 2018? Our blog has an exclusive tip on a new photo app that will have YOUR mid-ride photos available THE SAME DAY of the race! Finish-line photos will be available by Sunday morning. The app is called iPOLPO.
iPOLPO is a crowd-sourced, event photo market that posts photos by TIME and LOCATION, so they are instantly available for you to find and purchase by the same time and location. The two locations where photos will be taken are at the infamous Taylor Way climb and the Finish Line on Blackcomb Way in Whistler.
How Does this New Photo App Work?
- DOWNLOAD the FREE iPOLPO App.
- Enjoy your bike ride!
- At 5 p.m. on Saturday (while having apre-fondo drinks) open your iPOLPO app on your smartphone.
- On your home screen … enter:
START TIME: Saturday September 9th 2018
approximate TIME five minutes before you cycled up the Taylor Way hill.
- Then do the same with END TIME … enter five minutes after you cycled up the Taylor hill (this gives you a time gap of 10 minutes of photos to search through instead of all the cyclists 😊)
- Zoom into the Taylor Way hill location on the map and all the photos that were taken within the TEN MINUTE gap will appear for you to search and find your photos.
- Then … On Sunday morning REPEAT and look for YOUR photos by YOUR FINISH TIME (5 minutes before and after) at the Blackcomb Way location in Whistler.
Next time YOU could use iPOLPO to photograph other cyclists, so they can get great shots of themselves while training or racing too. Try iPOLPO, the crowdsourced photo market, in real time. Use it and tell your friends and family – the more people upload photos, the better the app!