Are you planning to buy an electric bike, but overwhelmed by all the choices out there? Do you find it hard to figure out what to buy, with all those choices of bikes, motors and batteries? Are you feeling anxious about this, because electric bikes are expensive and you don’t want to make an expensive mistake? Are the sales people and the competing web sites just making it hard to choose?
You are not alone!
I went through this myself the first time I bought an electric bike. But after years of personal experience and extensive research I have figured out all the variables involved in choosing the best electric bike. In this book, with complete impartiality and the experience of someone who has been through the process and ridden hundreds of electric bikes, I will help you to:
- Know all you need to know about the technology of electric bikes, so that you understand the sales person and can ask the right questions. When you know what you are talking about, sales people treat you differently, and sometimes even come up with better offers and options.
- Be totally clear about what you are looking for, so that you can pick out the best electric bike for you.
- Be fully informed all about the different kinds of bike motors, so you can decide about what’s best for you.
- Know all about the different kinds of bike batteries, and how battery power is measured, so that you can make informed decisions.
- Know about the best quality electric bikes, so that you can tell the difference between high-quality and low-quality bikes.
- Be empowered to see beyond the sales pitches that tell you an electric bike can do 120 miles or more on one charge.
- Prove to your spouse that your electric bike will save you money, improve your health, help you lose weight, and just generally become a much better spouse!
UPDATE: The new, 2nd edition of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike is now available in Kindle. This 2nd edition is published in association with Turbo Bob and the Electric Bike Review, and offers many new bike reviews. Buy it here.
The updated edition of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike has all the information you need to buy the best electric bike for you.
Click here for all buying options, including printed color book, printed black and white book, Kindle and fully interactive PDF. Note that in response to many reader requests, the updated, second edition includes reviews of many high-quality electric bikes, including:
- Ampere Electric Bike Review, BionX Electric Bike Kit Review, Brompton Electric Folding Bike Review, BULLS Cross Lite E Review, BULLS Lacuba EVO E8 Review, BULLS Monster E FS Review, Buffalo Electric Bike by Freway Review, Currie IZIP Zuma Review, Dahon Folding Electric Bike – Dahon Matrix with BionX PL350 Review, Easy Motion ATOM Diamond Wave Review, Elby City Review, EcoBike Vatavio Review, eFlow E3 Nitro Review, EG Maui 500 EX Review, Electra Townie Go Review, Electric Bike Company Model S Review, Emotion Neo City Electric Bike Review, Enzo Ebikes Folding Electric Bike Review, eVox KAB 375 Review, eZee Forza Review, Faraday Cortland S Review, Giant Full-E+ 1 Review, Giant Road-E+ Review, Gocycle G3 Review, Haibike Xduro Trekking Pro Review, Flaunt Vicko Electric Bike Review, IF Reach Folding Bike Review, IZIP E3 Sumo Review, IZIP E3 Vibe+ Review, Kalkhoff Agattu Premium Impulse 8 Review, Kettler Twin Bikes, Kettler Twin Review, KTM Macina Cross 10 CX4 E-bike – Souped-up Scrambler, Magnum Peak Review, Montague Paratrooper Folding Mountain Bike Review, Optibikes, Pedal Easy Bike Review, Pedego Platinum Interceptor Review, Pedego Electric Trike Review, Prodecotech Stride 400 Electric Bike Review, Raleigh Superbe iE Review, Sanyo Eneloop Electric Bike Review, SmartMotion Pacer E-bike – Trifecta Champion, Scoozy 250 SS E-bike – Sensible Simplicity, Scott E-Sub Tour Review, Spark Electric Bike Review, Specialized Turbo Levo FSR Expert 6Fattie Review, Specialized Turbo Vado 5.0 Review, Stromer ST2 Review, Sunahme Electric Bikes Review, Tern Vektron Folding Bike, Trek Powerfly 8 FS Plus Review, Trek XM700+ Review, and Yuba Spicy Curry Bosch Review.
Here are some customer reviews from the previous edition of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike:
“This is a great resource for those like me who needed some steering! I think you could find all the info here by reading tons of blogs, however, then you have to search them all out and figure out which posts to read, etc, etc. I’d been reading blogs for several months, but this gave me more useful info in 2 hours than my months of blog reading had! Thanks Joe!”
“Very good book, but in this industry, hard to include all the brands.”
“This book covers the basics on electric bikes that includes what you need to know when purchasing.”
First reviews for this new edition include:
Turbo Bob, blogger and online electric bike expert: “For anyone with the desire for these bikes, or just becoming aware of them, they will soak-up every page. If that is you, then putting this book on your reading list would be wise. I could go on (and I often do), but it isn’t my goal here to copy and paste his book, just convince you to read it for yourself. I also fully believe you should get a copy for each person in your life that you care for. When you read the book you will know why.” Read Turbo Bob’s full review here.
“I’m giving this book 5 stars because it does exactly what its title says – it explains how to buy the best bike for me. I wish I had this book a year ago when I started thinking about buying my first electric bike, it would have saved me a whole lot of time. I wasted hours and hours researching ebikes and just ended up more confused than before. … The best part is definitely all the reviews of electric bikes. Some of them are really indepth and have me wanting to go out TODAY and buy my electric bike!”
“This is a great improvement on the previous edition of the book because it has lots of reviews of electric bikes. The sections on batteries and motors were very useful to me. I now know the right questions to ask when I buy my electric bike. I highly recommend this book for anyone who is planning to buy an electric bike.“
” I’m glad I bought the book! It has everything I need to know, and it’s so easy to find the information in an electronic book, because it’s all searchable.”
Every year, millions more people buy electric bikes because they offer the opportunity to commute cheaply, get fit, lose weight, save gas, and protect the environment.
What Can Electric Bikes Do For YOU?
Top professional cyclists have an average speed over a two-hour ride of 20.5 mph. That’s almost exactly the legal top speed of electric bikes. On a bike ride, those cyclists expend about 370 watts of power, continuously. Most electric bike motors operate continuously in the range of 300 to 600 watts. So basically, most electric bikes will enable you to get up a hill like a top professional cyclist, or ride as fast as one!
Not only that, but in the last few years, electric bikes have acquired the “cool” factor – there are now so many beautifully designed, powerful bikes that electric bikes have been embraced by a vital demographic: young, healthy people who just want a sustainable, efficient, good looking way to commute without being stuck in traffic jams or crowded transit. Getting some exercise along the way is just a bonus for them – and I see more of them on the streets almost every day!
Which One is Right For YOU?
There is a huge range of electric bikes to choose from, and a good electric bike will usually cost more than a thousand dollars. With such a lot of money at stake, how do you decide which is the best electric bike for YOU?
How to Buy the Best Electric Bike will tell you everything you need to know about choosing the best electric bike for you.
Why I Wrote How to Buy the BEST Electric Bike
Electric bikes have improved my life: they have saved me money, helped me lose 50 pounds, restored my health, and made me fit and strong. I want other people to enjoy these benefits too, and so I have written this guide to meet the huge need for guidance on how to buy the BEST electric bike. My knowledge is based on 15 years of experience of riding and test-riding electric bikes, leading an electric bike group, and extensive research. Some of the reviews are written by other experts in the field.
How to Buy the Best Electric Bike includes all the information you need to make a wise decision when you buy your electric bike.
The Primary Benefits for You: Save Time & Money
How to Buy the Best Electric Bike includes an explanation of all the relevant technology, and then bottom lines it down to the important points that a buyer needs to know when choosing an electric bike. With this book, you can learn all about the technology, or just use the bottom line to help you buy the best electric bike for your own unique needs. This will save you endless hours of researching on the Internet, and possibly hundreds of dollars when you buy the right bike for you.
Features of How to Buy the Best Electric Bike
- Reviews of many of the best electric bikes
- How to Figure out the Range of your electric bike
- How to choose the right kind of electric bike
- How to choose the right type and size of motor
- How to choose the right type and size of battery
- How electric bikes will improve your health
- How to calculate how much weight you could lose by riding an electric bike (a great way to convince your spouse that buying an electric bike is a good investment!)
- A guide to terminology
- A guide to figuring out your bike size, and your child’s bike size – essential knowledge that will save you valuable time when shopping for a bike, and make sure you get the right one for you
- Commuting and range tips
Buy this book now, and find out all you need to know about electric bikes. Then buy your bike and start getting fit, healthy and strong.
Buy it from our online shop as a full-color, 179-page instantly downloadable and fully interactive PDF – $5.89
Buy it from the Create Space Store as a full-color, 179-page printed book
Buy it from the Create Space Store as a black and white, 179-page printed book
Ride on, Jane & Joe Average Cyclist!